Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I realize it's been a week since my last update. But the wait is worth it. Our first issue is out. Just a hint for all you editors using Adobe InDesign: CS4 Documents are not compatible with the CS3 program. I had to learn that the hard way. After a too late night on Wednesday, I was forced to leave school (after arriving 3 hours early) and go back home (forcing me to miss an english conference with my professor) to get the PDF file to the printer on time.
After all that, the paper was printed and delivered on Friday...only an entire 3 days earlier than we needed it- publication date was September 21, 2009.
But alas, the in-print edition was done. All that was left was transferring all that new content onto our website. I had included plenty of references to the new site in the in-print edition so I knew everything had to be done by Monday.
Saturday rolls around and I wreck my car. Correction: Some lady driving way too fast wrecked my car as I tried to make a U-turn on my way to dinner for Rosh Hashanah (The Jewish New Year) with my boyfriend. Long story short: 9 inches of intrusion including damage to my driver's seat and Josh and I walk out of it without a scratch. Medical attention was still suggested though because of the extent of the impact.
After a 4 hour hospital visit, including a CAT Scan that tells them for sure nothing is wrong on the inside, I am released.
Needless to say, Sunday was a very busy day. After the 3 hour drive back from Chicago (yes, it actually does take 3 hours to drive from Chicago to Peoria when you do the speed limit) it took me until 11 p.m. to get everything up on the site....but FINALLY...

THE WEBSITE IS UP:

www.iccHarbinger.com

Now the content is still somewhat sparse, since we've only had one issue. But there are already fun differences. For example, we get to include a lot more pictures on the site. And there's already a weather component and an opinion poll.

There's some minor formatting adjustments to be made as well, but overall, I'm really happy with the outcome.

Lastly, the first meeting of the ICC Underground was held yesterday. And it looks like big news for the Harbinger. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment